- You engage with our questionnaires, promotions, surveys or provide marketing responses to our engagement activities.
In order to provide Products, we collect information from you and this collection of data may occur when you:
- Place an order for any Products
- Make an inquiry (including about any of our Products or complete a form on our websites)
- Participate in discussion boards and/or other social media functions on our site
- Sign up to book a demo of our Products
- Products (including associated applications) that you use
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey
- Reviews that you submit about our Products
- Register to use our site and/or subscribe to any of our Products (including Society of Sound, our newsletters and marketing communications)
- Register any of the Products you have purchased from us
- Correspond with us in relation to your account, our Products you have purchased (including post-sales support and warranties)
- Report a problem with our site
- Enquire about or submit an Employment application through our site
Information about you
We collect data from you directly in order to provide Products and this consists of both personally identifiable information as well as anonymised data. The type of data collected depends on the Products you are engaging with and the requirements to deliver that Product.
- Name, address, telephone number and email address (including company name/address if the Product requires this);
- Shipping and billing address, credit or debit card number, verification number, and expiration date;
- Demographic information, including gender and occupation, or special categories of personal data are not actively sought, but may be submitted when you respond to an online job application or marketing survey. It is our policy to limit the information collected to only the minimum information required to complete your submission, and is only processed with your explicit consent;
- Log-in credentials for our user accounts;
- Warranty registration and purchase history;
- User generated content you submit to our public forums (for example, the B & W Blog or any of our Social Media pages);
- Information about your customer service history with us;
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services.
In order to fulfil your shipping requests to third parties (for example, a friend or family member to whom you want to send a Product as a gift), we will use the data you provide about the third party to fulfil your shipment request. It is your responsibility to ensure that third party consents to you transferring their personal information to us.
Information about Products supplied by us
In order for you to download a firmware or software update/upgrade, we will require certain information regarding you and your Product. We collect this information in the following ways:
- Information that you provide to us - this includes Product registration information and information you provide when you subscribe for any of our services and/or use any app or download any firmware or software;
Information we obtain from you when you use our Products or download our firmware or software - we collect information about your use of the services and/or app, or about the firmware or software you download. This information includes (but is not limited to);
- Registration/Subscription Information - we may collect information such as your name, address, email address, contact numbers, password, product or device identifiers, preferences and payment details. We use a third party provider to store registration information and we will share your information with them solely for that purpose.
- Product Setup information - we may collect information about the Product that you are using, such as your model type, firmware version, MAC address (if applicable), BSSID, SSID and encryption mode, network type, Wi-Fi connection, unique Product identifiers, device name and mobile network information. We will associate your Product identifiers with your registration account. We use a third party provider to store registration information and app support information and we will share your information with them solely for that purpose.
- User Experience Tracking information - we may automatically track your use of our Products in order to provide you with a better experience. We use a third party provider to carry out such tracking on our behalf and we will share your information with them solely for that purpose.
- Online Logging /Crash Log Information - when you use our Products or download our firmware or software, we may automatically collect and store certain information, including (but not limited to): your global unique identifier; details of how you used our Products and/or downloaded our firmware or software; Product address (MAC address, if applicable); operating system and firmware/software version used; Product information such as settings, browser type and language, system activity, URL, number of Products connected, number of updates, number of resets, and crashes; recovery time and whether recovery was successful. We use this information to provide support services and for developer testing.
- Auto Update Anonymous Profiling - We may collect anonymous profiling information, including (but not limited to) the Product name and version used, your IP address, CPU speed, operating system, system model, installed RAM, language, network interface card type and description, use of WLAN, use of Touch Input, installation of Net Runtime.
- Location Information - we may collect information about your country location.
- Local Storage - we may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your product or device.
Please let us know if you would like any further details relating to third party processing of your personal data in relation to the above.
Information we collect through automated technologies
We use automated technologies to gather data when you use our Products. This data is processed by both us and third party service providers working on our behalf. The data is collected by both us and our services providers using technologies including (but not limited to) cookies, web analytics and beacons. See also "Cookies & web analytics" below.
We automatically collect the following information about visitors to our site:
- Date/time of visit
- Pages visited, including the last page visited before the visitor exits the site
- Time spent on each page of the site
- Referring site details - the URL through which the user came to the site and the search terms used by the visitor to find the site
- Type of web browser used by the visitor
- The visitor's operating system
- The visitor's network location and IP address
- The visitor's browser's default language
- What the visitor downloaded
Information we collect from third parties
We may also collect the following information provided by third parties:
- Publicly available information about you or your business (including through electronic data sources)
- Personal data about you from third parties (e.g. our business partners, dealer networks, sub-contractors in technical, payment, fulfilment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers) to enable us to customise or personalise Products for you.
Information we collect from social media platforms
If you like or follow posts on social media or post to our feeds (including Twitter and Facebook, among others) then we may collect information about your account such as name, username, email address and content relevant to our Products.